This little app generate Custom Box Background code after you provide an image url to it. This is the easiest way to get HTML code that makes your profile look awesome.Tutorial video: [link]
You can check preview after you generated code. Pressing CTRL+C (or CMD+C if you are Mac user) button will automatically copy the code for you, so you can paste it in the custom box.
A small custom box background pack (25 images in a zip file). Click Purchase button on the right. Want preview? Check this out: [link]
- How to get Image URL?: [link]
- Background image doesn't repeat This isn't an error. This is how it is. You must use a wide and tall image to cover all the background. This is not an officially supported feature, so it is far from perfect.
- Does this work at Groups? Not perfectly. At groups the image will push the content down. So you can use small image as header or something, but not as background.
- I am an Internet Explorer user. I don't have "copy image url" at right click. What to do? First of all: Don't be an Internet Explorer user. But if you want to continue to be one, you should write a comment with an URL to the page that contains the image you want to use and I will give you the image URL.
- It hides donation button. What to do? Put several line breaks in the div so the button is "pushed down". At donation polls it is a good idea to use small but wide image.
- Update v1.7.2: This update contains the following changes:
- Small bug fixes
- New video link. This new version has new tutorial video about usage. [link]
- Update v1.7.1: This update contains the following changes:
- Bug fixed: deviantART and Youtube button's help text was rendered behind the Get Code button.
- Minor code improvement
- Update v1.7: This update contains the following changes:
- New function: text background. This is a deviantArt based white background for the text. Must be centered.
- New function: Font size added! You can change font size 1-10. Not pixel. Old old html font size. deviantART still supports it
- Preview is better now. You can set up its look while previewing
- Update v1.6: This update contains the following changes:
- deviantART button added. It opens a new window with a search for background images especially made for custom boxes
- YouTube button now opens the video page as its description also has information about the video.
- Update v1.5.1: This update contains the following changes:
- YouTube button now have deviantART colour when it is inactive. This is a minor change for better look.
- Update v1.5: This update contains the following changes:
- Button logic works better. After generating a code, when you click on the URL input you get the normal state of the app. Before this if you were in preview mode you lost all buttons.
- Minor change in source code.
- Youtube button added. This way you can check out the video about using this app. Thanks for ~sawb for the awesome icon pack: [link]
- Update v1.4: This update contains the following changes:
- Better error message when not proper URL added, pointing to the help screen. Thanks for $namenotrequired
- Minor change in help text.
- Help screen have new design.
- Donate button added to help screen.
- Update v1.3: This update contains the following changes:
- Added better help text. I included how to get image url
- From now on only image url's are accepted because lot of people tried to feed it with deviation url. This means only urls ending with .jpg, .jpeg, .png or .gif are good. You can copy urls that have ?something at the end, this isn't affect this rule (for example ...someimage.jpg?sometext)
- I fixed the preview. Now the background image is centered, as the real life boxes are centered too.
- Update v1.2: Better help text added. Thanks for *Ilionej for suggesting it.
- Update v1.1: Centered content checkbox added. It expands the code with a <div> element that will render content centered in the custom box.
Why so much update? I got ideas from time to time from comments or just find a small error I want to fix. Wanna see the first version? Here you go: [link]
Like me on Facebook: [link]
Follow me on Twitter: [link]
Watch me on deviantART: [link]
Visit my website: [link]